Observations in Thailand·
Fun facts about my trips to Thailand:
- I LOATHE mosquitoes.
- Traffic is as bad as people say.
- Everyone is very polite.
- Citizens are humble and less individualistic than Americans. It’s refreshing.
- Witnessing foreigners interact with their hired “companions” makes it all obvious, to the point of strange and cringeworthy.
- Tourist destinations that cater to Western consumers play English pop songs over and over and over ….
- The food is spectacular and inexpensive. Thai food in the States blows.
- Several Thais commented that I looked Japanese — probably because of my pony hair.
- None of the massage parlor girls shout at me, because I look Thai and walk with a hard grimace. Or, most likely, that I don’t look like a foreign patron of their services.
- I speak (or try to) Thai with a hard accent. It’s my tell :)